What does it mean that Avalon Organics® products are certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard?

The NSF/ANSI 305 Standard is the American National Standard for Personal Care Products Containing Organic Ingredients. This standard establishes the materials, processes, production criteria and conditions required for a personal care product to be labeled "contains organic ingredients". Under this standard, all products must contain a minimum of 70% organic content. The remaining 30% or less non-organic content has gone through rigorous evaluation by scientific panel and must not be available in organic form.